Pongal is very popular and delicious southindian food. It is easy to cook, light on stomach and full of protein. It's a perfect combination of nutrition and taste, it's taste is so amazing. Taste best with sambhar, coconut chutney and fried curd...
HOW TO MAKE PONGAL :-
1. Heat a pot, first dry roast both the rice and moong daal on a slow flame, roasting this rice and daal is optional, if you want a
best flavour do this.
2. After on a slow flame roast it for 2-3 minutes we add some ghee (2tbsp), we are going to slightly for another 1 minute. Now keep it aside.
3. Now we cooked in a pressure cooker, pour some water, add some salt, cumin seeds, roasted daal & rice, now add chopped green chilli, and put the lid on and let this cook for around 3-4 whistle so that rice become mushy.
4. Now for the tempering add some ghee in the pan and tempering the cumin seeds, than add some cashewnuts, finally chopped giger, pinch of hing, some curry leaves, and pepper corn and just saute this.
5. Now you can add this mashed rice and daal into this and just mix along with ghee.
6. Turn of the flame & transfer to a serving dish.
7. You can garnish it with some roasted red chillies and slightly fried coconut slices.
8. Serve hot with rasam, sambhar and coconut chutny.