"Khandvi" a Gujarati cuisine of India. It's a delicious and healthy snacks - really soft, silky and melt in the mouth...
HOW TO MAKE KHANDVI :-
1. In a large mixing bowl add the gram flour, curd, turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and water and stir well till smooth. There should be no lumps in the better.
2. Now spread oil on plate or tray.
3. Put one tablespoon oil in a heavy bottomed utensil or a sauce pan and heat it.
4. Add the khandvi better to the oil and keep stirring the better. Lower the flame and keep stirring with wooden spatula or heat proof silicon spatula. After 7-8 minutes this better will become sufficiently thick.
5. Now quickly pour this better on greassed plate or tray and spread thinly and evenly with a spatula.
6. Allow to cool and cut into equal sized strips. Gently roll each strip and place them in a serving tray.
TEMPERING FOR KHANDVI :-7. In a pan heat oil, add the mustard seeds in it and when the start to sizzle add the curry leaves and green chilli and let them fry for few seconds.
8. Now pour this mixture on khandvi rolls and garnish with grated coconut.
9. Serve these rolls with coconut chutney, coriander chutney or any other dip.